I took a winter hiatus. Also, I’ve been very busy with a new job and a new born baby. Now things are a bit settled and this project will get some attention.
I spent most of the day fiberglassing one side of the aft deck. It’s pretty tricky to do 90 deg tabbing. I think I have either air bubbles or excess resin. I will find out once it’s dry. I finally used up the 20L pail of resin. I bought another 4L today.
I noticed that the grass around my area is looking a little sick. Oh well. I guess I just have to pour some concrete to make it a permanent work area.
It’s been almost a month since my last update. Don’t worry I am still going strong. The front part of the hull’s almost done. I fiberglassed both sides and even attached the divider between the front and rear. As Barry puts it “you can go fishing in it”.
For my birthday, my wife took me go-karting at TBC. They recently replaced their old karts with the new Sodi Karts. These karts only have 13hp (similar to the motor for the hovercraft) but they are pretty quick. This shows that you don’t have to have a huge amount of propulsion if whatever you are powering is light. I thought it was neat and it was a blast.
It’s been over 2 months since my last update. Time flies. All the edges have been sanded down and now I’m beveling the edges. Before I started beveling, I had to make sure the panels were square and straight. I bought 2 aluminum skid materials. These were very useful for checking straightness of the panels. It was a pretty time-consuming process and I’m looking forward to putting these panels together. The motor and the fans have been ordered. I will need to pick them up at the end of the month. I also updated the Parts and Labour section.